Long Island & New York Litigation
Whether or not you plan on litigating, a litigation attorney is able to help determine the best approach for your case and advise you on the next steps to take. Even if you decide to settle out of court, the Law Office of Anthony T. Ballato may help you get the settlement you deserve or otherwise assure that your legal rights are being protected and to plan against future liability, claims or losses.
Civil litigation is most often a very complicated and unclear process. Lawyers with litigation experience are critical to helping you understand the legal avenues and options as well as to provide guidance about protecting your legal rights. Anthony T. Ballato offers civil litigation services in all listed courts.
Whether you are the tenant or the landlord, the eviction process is addressed by New York’s statutes and case law and if not followed correctly, may result in damages or undesired outcomes.
Suing a Contractor or Homeowner
Many homeowners retain the services of contractors to perform services in and around their properties. While most contractors conduct their business in a professional manner, some contractors don’t hold up to standards of reasonable work and as a homeowner, knowing your litigation options is paramount to obtaining a resolution. Don’t get burned by a fraudulent or unscrupulous contractor! Reviewing home improvement contracts in advance with an attorney is recommended. Likewise reputable contractors may face unfair complaints to consumer affairs or need to peruse unpaid claims.
Negligence & Malpractice
In both business and personal environs we hear about negligence. Often the subject of court decisions and trials, professional malpractice and negligence cases are present in almost every industry including architects, engineers, and other professionals. In civil litigation, the injured party may attempt to recover damages upon demonstrating that another party acted in a negligent manner. When it comes to these kinds of cases, there is no one size fits all approach as almost every case is different and the Law Office of Anthony Ballato may provide you the legal assistance you seek to litigate your claims or defenses.
Car and Lemon Law Lawsuits
New York Lemon law attorney, Anthony Ballato, has many years of experience in lemon law cases arbitration and litigation as well as general automotive legal issues ranging from new and used vehicles and leases. Have a legal question about your car or truck or are you considering taking legal action about an auto, motorcycle or motor home problem, breach of warranty, fraud or misrepresentation? Call today for a free consultation!
- Civil Litigation in all state and federal Courts: New York, New Jersey, Georgia and United States and New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, County Court, District Court, Small Claims, Family Court, Matrimonial Center, Surrogate’s Court, Department of Labor, Department of Motor Vehicles, Village and Justice Courts
- Eviction / Summary Proceedings
- Homeowner / Contractor Disputes
- Discrimination / Harassment
- Dangerous Animal Proceedings
- Dog Bites / Pet Law / Vicious Propensities
- Personal Injury / Accidents / Torts
- Auto Accidents / Slip and Fall / Negligence / Intentional Acts
- Professional Malpractice: Legal / Attorneys, Architects, Medical, Accountants
- Fraud Cases / Deceptive Trade Practices
- Divorce / Separation / Family Disputes
- Gold and Coin Scams / Art Fraud
- Larceny / Conversion
- Insurance Claims or Disputes
- Fire, Auto Homeowner, Boat, Liability
- Auto Cases: new, used, purchase, lease
- Motion Practice
- Appeals / Default Judgment
- Bankruptcy Adversary Proceedings
- Collector Car Vehicle Disputes